By William O., IV, DO Tatum, Peter W., Dr., MD Kaplan, MD Jallon Pierre
Epilepsy A-Z is a special compendium that offers a bullet of epilepsy-related details that's excellent for fast and straightforward reference. it's crucial for busy practitioners who wish the essence of phrases and subject matters proper to sufferer care and seizures. Physicians can speedy locate solutions to medical questions, entry vital drug info, or comprehend the latest remedies and techniques for coping with the main advanced epilepsy sufferers with this concise but accomplished source. Key issues are summarized with present references and acceptable pictures to provide the reader a right away and direct presentation that makes A-Z vital for the busy clinician. specific beneficial properties of this completely revised and considerably increased variation comprise:
- present in addition to condensed entire dialogue in all parts of medical epilepsy
- A to Z dictionary structure -provides a short option to arrive on the terminology or subject of curiosity; proper
- Pearls and summaries in the course of the booklet- demystify and make clear the place accomplished textbooks can t
- more moderen thoughts entire with pictures- support clinicians taking good care of even the main complicated epilepsy sufferers
- Key references summarized- offer impression for the reader and easy accessibility to comparable articles
Read or Download Epilepsy A to Z: a concise encyclopedia PDF
Similar epidemiology books
This ebook is ready fairness in health and wellbeing and wellbeing and fitness care. It explores why, regardless of being obvious as a big target, wellbeing and fitness fairness has no longer made extra growth inside nations and globally, and what must switch for there to be better luck in offering equity. a global crew of eminent specialists from basically the sphere of health and wellbeing economics describe how fairness in well-being and well-being care may well strengthen over the following decade.
This guide gains in-depth stories of disability-adjusted lifestyles years (DALYs), quality-adjusted lifestyles years (QALYs), caliber of existence and monetary measures for over a hundred and twenty ailments and stipulations. Its editors have equipped this severe info for optimum entry and straightforwardness of use, with abstracts, definitions of keywords, precis issues, and dozens of figures and tables which could increase the textual content or stand by myself.
A decision impressive educational name 2014! That wellbeing and fitness has many social determinants is definitely verified and a myriad diversity of structural components – social, cultural, political, monetary, and environmental – at the moment are recognized to affect on inhabitants wellbeing and fitness. Public well-being perform has begun exploring and responding to various health-related demanding situations from a structural paradigm, together with person and inhabitants vulnerability to an infection with HIV and AIDS, injury-prevention, weight problems, and smoking cessation.
- Free Medical Information: Doctor = Publisher
- Hormones, Health and Behaviour: A Socio-ecological and Lifespan Perspective
- Statistical Literacy for Clinical Practitioners
- Bioviolence: Preventing Biological Terror and Crime
- The Chimp and the River: How AIDS Emerged from an African Forest
Extra info for Epilepsy A to Z: a concise encyclopedia
Barbiturates enhance GABAA binding at the respective pentameric receptor binding site and increase mean chloride channel opening time, while benzodiazepines facilitate mean chloride channel frequency opening time. Valproic acid can an- 26 ANTIEPILEPTIC DRUGS (AEDS) tagonize the metabolic degradation of GABA, especially at supratherapeutic concentrations. Gabapentin and pregabalin have no direct effect on the GABA or other known neurotransmitter systems, but appear to act on a gabapentin-specific binding site (alpha-2-delta subunit of the L-type calcium channel) to modulate seizure activity.
2. Lutz MT, Clusmann H, Elger CE, Schramm J, Helmstaedter C. Neurospsychological outcome after selective amygdalohippocampectomy with transsylvian versus transcortical approach: a randomized prospective clinical trial of surgery for temporal lobe epilepsy. Epilepsia 2004;45:809-816. ANEMIA, APLASTIC (see also AGRANULOCYTOSIS) Hematologic adverse reactions associated with AED therapy for epilepsy encompass a wide range of abnormalities. Asymptomatic effects may occur, ranging from mild anemia, leukopenia, or thrombocytopenia to aplastic anemia with a potentially fatal outcome.
Psychiatric Issues in Epilepsy. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2001;45-71. 2. Beyenburg S, Mitchell A, Schmidt D, Elger CE, et al. Anxiety in patients with epilepsy systematic review and suggestions for clinical management. Epilepsy Behav 2005:7:161-173. APHASIA, ACQUIRED EPILEPTIC (LANDAU-KLEFFNER SYNDROME) The rare syndrome of “acquired epileptic aphasia with convulsive disorder in childhood” was first reported by Landau and Kleffner in 1957. This condition is rare, of unknown etiology, and begins in early childhood, resulting in progressive deterioration of language function over several years.