By Jurrien Mol
Following an intensive learn of Ezekiel 18 and 20, this publication bargains a redefinition and a brand new theoretical foundation for the idea that of company character. This idea is accordingly utilized to Ezekiel 18 and 20 to investigate the collective and person gains.
Read or Download Collective and Individual Responsibility: A Description of Corporate Personality in Ezekiel 18 and 20 (Studia Semitica Neerlandica) PDF
Similar old testament books
This research of Galilee in the course of the time of Jesus demonstrates that, opposite to the perceptions of many New testomony students, the overpowering majority of Galilee's inhabitants have been Jews. using the gospels, the writings of the Jewish historian Josephus, and released archaeological excavation reviews, it strains the historic improvement of the region's inhabitants and examines intimately particular towns and villages.
"The tales you're approximately to learn are one of the most violent and sexually specific in all of Western literature. they're stories of human ardour in all of its endless sort: adultery, seduction, incest, rape, mutilation, assassination, torture, sacrifice, and homicide. . . . "Sex. Violence. Scandal.
Many students of the second one Temple interval have changed the concept that of canonization through that of canonical procedure. learn of the useless Sea Scrolls has been the most important for this new path. in accordance with this new facts taxonomic phrases like biblical, nonbiblical or parabiblical look anachronistic for the interval sooner than 70 C.
This quantity showcases fresh exploration of the portrait of Daughter Zion as she seems to be in biblical Hebrew poetry. utilizing Carleen Mandolfos Daughter Zion Talks again to the Prophets (Society of Biblical Literature, 2007) as some degree of departure, the members to this quantity discover a twin of Daughter Zion in its many dimensions in a number of texts within the Hebrew Bible.
- The Theology of the Book of Genesis (Old Testament Theology)
- Pentateuchal Traditions in the Late Second Temple Period: Proceedings of the International Workshop in Tokyo, August 28-31, 2007
- Prophecy: Essays presented to Georg Fohrer on his sixty-fifth birthday 6 September 1980
- The authenticity of faith in Kierkegaard's philosophy
- The Hebrew Bible and Philosophy of Religion
- The Descent from the Mountain: Narrative Patterns in Exodus 19-40 (JSOT Supplement)
Additional resources for Collective and Individual Responsibility: A Description of Corporate Personality in Ezekiel 18 and 20 (Studia Semitica Neerlandica)
71 Ezekiel 18:23 * The figura etymologica ( ֶה ָח פֹץ ֶא ְח פֹּץwhich is preceded by the ה-interrogative) expresses a certain denial, see GKC §150d. ֲהלוֹאin the second half of the verse expresses a certain affirmation, see GKC §150e. * The verb חפץmay be connected with a direct object, or as well with ְבּ. 73 The theological content of the saying and the parallels incline to the probability of the emendation, but do not make this necessary. The MT makes good sense. – The LXX reads τοῦ ἀνόμου and presupposes the article with ָר ָשׁע.
80 In all cases of Ezekiel: 7:19; 14:3,4,7; 44:12. This is also valid for the rendering in 7:19; 14:3,4,7; 44:12. ” Allen 1994 (267): “. . ” 83 Cf. Fisch 1985 (114). 84 See Cooke 1936 (204); Zimmerli 1969a (395); Elliger. v. פשׁעqal 1. 23. * The words ְבּמוֹת ַה ֵמּתdescribe an indefinite pronoun, see GKC §§ 139d, 144e; JM § 155h. – The conclusion וְ ָה ִשׁיבוּ וִ ְחיוּis lacking in LXXB. 30). 30: יכם beginning of this verse: לֹא ֶא ְחפֹּץ ְבּמוֹת ַה ֵמּת. More phrases may be assigned to one of the two imperatives.
16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 15 And he sees them, but does not do such things. He does not eat on the mountains he does not raise his eyes to the dung gods of the house of Israel, he does not dishonor the wife of his friend, he does not oppress anyone, he does not take a pledge at all, he does not commit robbery, he gives his bread to one, who is hungry, and he clothes a naked person with a garment, he withdraws his hand from injustice, he does not take interest or usury, he keeps my statutes, he walks in my ordinances.