By Howard M. Fillit MD, Kenneth Rockwood MD FRCPC FRCP, John B Young MBBS(Hons) FRCP
The prime reference within the box of geriatric care, Brocklehurst’s Textbook of Geriatric drugs and Gerontology, eighth Edition, by way of Drs. Howard M. Fillit, Kenneth Rockwood, and John B. younger, offers a modern, international perspective on issues of value to today’s gerontologists, inner drugs physicians, and kin medical professionals. An elevated concentrate on frailty, besides insurance of key matters in gerontology, disease-specific geriatrics, and intricate syndromes particular to the aged, makes this eighth variation the reference you’ll flip to in an effort to meet the original demanding situations posed by way of this starting to be sufferer population.
- Consistent discussions of medical manifestations, prognosis, prevention, therapy, and extra make reference speedy and easy.
- More than 250 figures, together with algorithms, images, and tables, supplement the textual content and assist you locate what you wish on a given condition.
- Clinical relevance of the newest medical findings is helping you simply practice the fabric to daily practice.
- A new bankruptcy on frailty , plus an emphasis on frailty through the book, addresses the complicated scientific and social matters that impact care, and the categorical wisdom and abilities crucial for assembly your sufferers’ complicated wishes.
- New content material brings you as much as date with info on gerontechnology, emergency and pre-hospital care, HIV and getting older, in depth remedy of older adults, telemedicine, the equipped setting, and transcultural geriatrics.
- New editor Professor John Young brings a clean point of view and specified services to this edition.
Read Online or Download Brocklehurst’s Textbook of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology PDF
Best geriatrics books
"I'm flat on my again on a sofa that is too brief in a windowless room within the bureau. i will not even take a seat at a working laptop or computer, less make a keyboard paintings. My legs and arms are shaking uncontrollably. even supposing i'm simply fifty three years previous, i've got already been being affected by Parkinson's affliction for seven years. And at once the disorder is successful.
With humans residing longer, dementia is now on the vanguard of clinical learn. In resolution to this altering development, long term administration of Dementia offers a stand-alone source for prognosis, therapy, and administration concerns for the sufferer struggling with this debilitating affliction. subject matters lined contain: Social, criminal, financial, and moral dilemmas sensible talents using and the dementia sufferer Hygiene and dietary matters Supervision versions clinical issues Neurologists, psychiatrists, geriatricians, nurses, and social employees, besides relations of these pain will locate this publication a priceless source for knowing this sickness.
Written via skilled clinicians and edited by way of Vanderbilt software for LGBTI health and wellbeing school, this booklet includes updated services from physicians well known for his or her paintings in LGBT future health. this significant textual content fills an informational void concerning the useful overall healthiness wishes of LGBT sufferers in either the first care and strong point settings is still, and serves as a consultant for LGBT preventive and forte medication that may be applied inside of undergraduate scientific schooling, residency education, and clinical perform.
This booklet is a pragmatic reference for any clinician who has struggled to take care of an older grownup in a house atmosphere. the amount is written by means of specialists within the box who describe basic rules and medical ways of geriatric home-based care and their software to precise ailments and stipulations, together with delirium, incontinence, falls, and protracted ache and incapacity.
- Rosenbloom & Morgan's Vision and Aging
- Geriatrics 3: Gynecology · Orthopaedics · Anesthesiology · Surgery · Otorhinolaryngology · Ophthalmology · Dermatology
- Aging Mechanisms: Longevity, Metabolism, and Brain Aging
- Mood Disorders in Later Life, Second Edition (Medical Psychiatry Series)
- Geriatric Psychodermatology: Psychocutaneous Disorders in the Elderly
Extra resources for Brocklehurst’s Textbook of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology
Pahor M, Guralnik J, Ambrosius W, et al: Effect of structured physical activity on prevention of major mobility disability in older adults. The LIFE Study Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA 311:2387–2396, 2014. 38. Sherrington C, Tiedemann A, Fairhall N, et al: Exercise to prevent falls in older adults: an updated meta-analysis and best practice recommendations. N S W Public Health Bull 22:78–83, 2011. 39. Silva RB, Eslick GD, Duque G: Exercise for falls and fracture prevention in long-term care facilities: a systematic review and metaanalysis.
20. Reynolds SL, Saito Y, Crimmins EM: The impact of obesity on active life expectancy in older American men and women. Gerontologist 45:438–444, 2005. 21. van Gool CH, Picavet HSJ, Deeg DJH, et al: Trends in activity limitations: the Dutch older population between 1990 and 2007. Int J Epidemiol 40:1056–1067, 2011. 22. Moe JO, Hagen TP: Trends and variation in mild disability and functional limitations among older adults in Norway, 1986-2008. Eur J Ageing 8:49–61, 2011. 23. Heikkinen E, Kauppinen M, Rantanen T, et al: Cohort differences in health, functioning and physical activity in the young-old Finnish population.
3 4 Successful Aging: The Centenarians Thomas T. S. S. S. 7%. On the other hand, octogerians and nonagerians are the fastest growing groups, with 21% and 30% growth, respectively, over the same period of time. 3 It is impressive that the proportion in Japan is twice that of the United States. 4 The record for a man was recently established by a Japanese man named Jiroemon Kimura, who died at the age of 115 years and 253 days in 2013 (birth date, April 19, 1897). 5 A clear tipoff that a claim is false is when someone is claimed to be the oldest person ever, and yet there was no mention of their age when they exceeded the current record of 122 years.